Saturday, June 11, 2011

Eventful Day

Well, I had high hopes for having a good day today with the kids. It didn't go quite the way that I had planned. Jeremy has been roofing on the side on Saturdays for the last two weeks, and I needed to get out of the house. I needed to get some stuff at the mall so I told Kaden that we could make a trip to Build-A-Bear. I had some coupons and gift cards so this would be a win-win situation for all. We get to Build-A-Bear and right after Kinley makes her Hello Kitty I went to pick her up and her fingers got caught. She tore skin off of two of her fingers. She was hysterical. One worker was trying to talk to her to calm her down, but it only made things worse since she has such bad stranger anxiety. I had to fill out an incident report, and then we put some ointment and a band-aid on her. She was carrying on screaming the entire time. It was not fun. We finally get her calmed down, and get ready to pay. I go to grab for my wallet and it is gone. GONE! I was sick. My purse was wide open when I went to grab for my wallet so I knew right away that someone had stolen it. Any other day I would not have cash on me...but of course today I had $205.00. I then had to go to the security office at the mall and report my loss. Of course no one had turned a wallet in. That would have been way too easy. I instantly called all the credit card companies and my bank. We had one more stop to make at the mall, when my phone rings. It was one of my credit cards calling me to validate recent charges. Thank goodness they called me. I totally forgot about that card. The thieves had already bought $319.00 worth of stuff at Wal-Mart, some more stuff at Barney's and they tried twice to buy $218.00 worth of stuff at Walgreens, but luckily these charges got denied.

Poor Kaden was so upset about this whole situation. He thought that it was his fault that he wasn't watching the stroller when my wallet had been taken. He told me that if he would have seen someone do it that he would have jumped on their back. I thought that was so cute. I had to reassure him that it was NOT his fault.

Once we got home I called my credit card company to see if they could give me the amounts, places and times that these fraudulent charges were made. They gave it all to me with the store numbers too. I then went and filed a police report. All I can say is that I hope to see these people in court. I would love nothing else than to see these people go to jail. It just bothers me so much that I was in a kids store trying to have a good time with my kids and it had to be ruined by some low life. Hopefully they will get what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment