Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Little Background

Okay...so as you can see by the pic above, I am a wife and a mother to one little boy. Jeremy and I had our son three years ago. Everything was a surprise then. I had surgery for scoliosis when I was twelve...so that worried me with carrying a baby and getting an epidural. Not to mention that I have a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Lieden. I also have MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) which has to do with the processing of amino acids. With all of this going on I was so worried that I wouldn't have a healthy child. I had to have an ultrasound every month at Maternal Fetal Medicine and was monitored rather closely. I had to do Lovenox shots once a day in my stomach to keep my blood thin. Kaden was born weighing 8 lbs. 11 3/4 ozs. so obviously all of that was worth it. I just wanted to give a little history of my health issues so if there is anyone out there that has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I have a friend that has Factor V Lieden also...so it must be more common than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment